Our volunteer program is set up to involve the community in the maintenance and care of their own heritage and history. We provide opportunities for individuals to obtain personal growth, learn new skills, and to develop a sense of commitment and belonging.
Whether you want to work quietly behind the scenes or be in the public eye, there is a place for you at the White Rock Museum and Archives. Volunteers help with events, the gift shop, public programming and with the object and archival collections.
Collections and Research Volunteers
Do you enjoy detail oriented work? Are you eager to gain experience handling artifacts? Do you enjoy research, writing and organizing information? Volunteering in the collections and curatorial areas may interest you. As the areas responsible for planning exhibits, and developing and caring for the museum’s collection of over 7000 objects, collections and curatorial offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities where skills in writing, designing, organization, research, and team work can be utilized and improved.
Would you like to join our volunteer team? Please contact email@example.com
Memberships help us achieve out mission to:
- Preserve our community’s heritage
- Reveal our community’s story
- Share stories worth telling
- Welcome everyone
Benefits of Membership
Memberships also have some exciting perks for you!
Membership benefits include:
- Free access to exhibits
- 5 x 7 print of your choice from our archival photo collection
- Behind the scenes tour of the White Rock Museum & Archives (offered once per year, registration required for the scheduled event)
- Advance notice of events (opening receptions, programs, and lectures)
- 15% off retail items in our Museum Shop (excludes consignment items)
- 25% discount on “Years of Promise: White Rock 1858-1958” book by Lorraine Ellenwood
- Advance schedule of exhibits, events and programs
- Voting privileges at the AGM
- Opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors
Annual Membership Fees
|Student / Senior ( 65+)||$15||$40|
|Corporate – Two Cardholders||$30||$75|
Become a Member
Call us today at 604-541-2221, or drop in to the Museum Shop for additional details.
We accept Visa, M/C, American Express, debit, cash and local cheques.Apply Now!